The Ursuline Education Network fosters collaboration among educational institutions founded by, sponsored by, or affiliated with Ursuline congregations. UEN promotes the preservation and development of the Ursuline charism and fosters educational excellence, innovation, and global connectedness.
All four Sacred Heart Schools—Sacred Heart Academy, Sacred Heart Model School, Sacred Heart Preschool, and Sacred Heart School for the Arts—are proud members of the UEN. Eighteen other schools/districts make up the UEN, serving students all over the United States and in the United Kingdom in early childhood, elementary, secondary and collegiate education. According to their mission statement, "The goal of UEN is to ensure the charism of St. Angela Merici, foundress of the Ursuline order, remains an integral part of the educational experience from preschool through college."
We are proud that Sacred Heart Academy Assistant Principal Carrie Wentzel, SHA '97, is the incoming Chair of the UEN Board and will serve in this position for two years.
The Ursuline Assessment is an opportunity for UEN schools to spend time in self-assessment on two of the eight Ursuline Essential Characteristics of Education (listed below). Sacred Heart Schools has been preparing for this assessment since 2022, focusing on the characteristics of Service/Social Consciousness and the Spirit of St. Angela Merici.
- Nurture the Individual: An Ursuline education fosters respect for the uniqueness of each member of the community and encourages the spiritual, mental and physical growth of each person.
- Form Community: An Ursuline education forms and supports a nurturing family/community spirit.
- Develop leaders who serve the community: An Ursuline school fosters servant leadership.
- Academic Excellence: An Ursuline education inspires academic excellence and intellectual curiosity.
- Service/Social Consciousness: An Ursuline education regards service as an integral part of mature Christian living.
- Attitude of openness and optimism: An Ursuline education instills an attitude of living in hope and trust in a loving God.
- Christian spirituality: An Ursuline school, based on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, nurtures spiritual formation, cultivating faith development and Catholic Christian identity.
- Spirit of St. Angela: An Ursuline education emulates the spirit of St. Angela and instills Ursuline values.
Sacred Heart Schools, a Catholic community rooted in the Ursuline tradition, inspires diverse learners to become globally minded, compassionate leaders.
REVERENCE - SERVICE - LEADERSHIP – COMMUNITY