Jean Frazier Leadership Institute
The Jean Frazier Leadership Institute at Sacred Heart Schools promotes a culture of leadership by providing authentic leadership experiences that create empowered leaders who seek to serve others. We believe that leadership can be taught through deliberate study and practice. The JFLI has created a four-part approach to leadership development including social-emotional learning, skill-based learning, practice, and reflection. The three pillars of the Jean Frazier Leadership Institute (Leadership, Service, Financial Literacy) combine to provide a comprehensive leadership development program that inspires students to discover their passion and their purpose.
Leadership at Sacred Heart Model School
Sacred Heart Model School inspires leadership in every student. By emphasizing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Learner Profile attributes, classrooms become safe environments where students can take risks, develop a growth mindset and build confidence. Through the yearly stewardship program, students learn empathy and compassionate leadership. Faculty and staff infuse leadership education and opportunity throughout the curriculum.
Examples of Leadership Opportunities:
- Student Advisory Board - runs programs such as the coin challenge during Catholic Schools Week, a service project partnership with Nativity Academy, and a grant proposal review process for the Level 8 Community Project.
- Student Ambassador Program - each Kindergarten through Level 5 classroom has trained ambassadors who greet and welcome visitors, telling them about the day’s unit of inquiry or activity.
- IB MYP Community Project – is a year-long capstone project for the Level 8 students that encourages them to explore their rights and responsibility to implement service as action in the community.
- IB PYP Exhibition– Level 5 students use all knowledge, skills, and attitudes they have learned to decide what action to take to solve an identifiable local problem related to the larger world.
- Book Buddies - Serving as role models to our youngest learners on campus, students in Levels 3-5 read with their book buddies from Sacred Heart Preschool.
- WE Day – participation in an international celebration of volunteer service
- Kentucky Yout Assembly and Kentucky United Nations Assembly
- Middle School Career Day and Job Shadow
- Safety Patrol
- Big Buddies
At Sacred Heart Model School, we empower all to lead.